Q. I have blurred vision due to blood clot in my right eye. Is it something serious?

Dr. Anand
This is a premium question & answer published on May 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

When I woke up suddenly yesterday, I saw a spiral black cloud in my right eye. I can see through the cloud hazily and there is no pain. When I consulted my doctor, he said that I have a blood clot. Is it something serious?

#

If it is small, it will resolve on its own. You can wait and watch. If it is large and not resolving, it needs to be surgically removed.

• Other options are laser and Avastin injections (Bevacizumab) given into eye. Please send pictures of old records for more suggestions.

Revert back with photographs to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Thank you doctor.

Are there any measures to follow in addition. Please suggest.

#

Take Vitamin C supplements like tablet Limcee 500 mg (Ascorbic Acid) four times a day for a month. This will help for faster resolution. Keep your head end elevated with pillows during sleep.

• Most important part of treatment of vitreous hemorrhage is control diabetes with tablets or insulin.
  • Also control your blood pressure. High blood pressure will add to problems of diabetes and diabetic retinopathy.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I have checked my diabetes and blood pressure. Both are normal. The black cloud has now reduced to a spot. But the spot is not going away. When I roll my eyes the spot goes down and my vision is clear. Though not as clear as the other, it is far better.

#

• It is good to know that you have improved drastically. As you did not have any issue with diabetes and hypertension your prognosis will be definitely good.
  • The remaining small spot will gradually decrease in size and disappear.
  • As I explained earlier, take measures like head end elevation and vitamin C supplementation. It will take at least one month for complete resolution.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|