Q. I have some blister-like bumps on the white of the eye. What are they?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have some mild generalized pain in the left eye, which is noticeable when blinking or moving the eye. There appear to be a few small blister-like bumps on the white of the eye. There is some slight yellowing in the area of the bumps, and red irritated looking blood vessels surrounding that. I have attached a picture of my eye.

#

• This seems to be Pinguecula (raised thickening of the conjunctiva). These are small elastotic nodular lesions. They are usually innocuous but may get inflamed occasionally known as pingueculitis.
  • You may require the following medications based on your symptoms. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  1. Eyedrop Ketorolac or Flurbiprofen - an anti-inflammatory and a pain killer.
  2. Lubricating drop containing CMC (Carboxymethylcellulose)
  3. Low potency steroid if acute episcleritis happens.
  4. Naphazoline based drops if there is mild congestion without pain.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|