Q. I have pain in my heels which did not get better with any painkiller. What to do?

Dr. Lokesh

I am a 24 year old male. I have a pain in my heels from three to four months. I used a lot of painkillers like Ibuprofen, Voltral, Nims, Dicloran inj, Brexien, Movax, Muscoril, Rotec, Bonate, Carlex D, and Vitamin D inj. and Methicobal inj. etc, but the result is zero. I also try to warm the feet in warm water but there is no decrease in pain. I also took some lab tests:

1. Serum uric acid that has a value of 3.9 on my report and the reference value given on my test report is 3 to 7 for male.

2. Serum RA Factor that is negative.

3. ESR value on my report is 12 mm/ 1st hr and the reference value for male is 0 to 10.

4. CRP high sensitive result is 0.9 mg/ dL on my report and the reference value is up to 0.6.

#

This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep.

I suggest the following medications:

• Tablet Piroxicam (20 mg) one tablet after food for ten days.
  • Tablet Rabeprazole (20 mg) one tablet before food for ten days.
  • Tablet Shelcal (Calcium) 500 mg once a day before food for 30 days.
  • Apply Dolonex ointment (Piroxicam topical 5 mg) after getting up in the morning.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Take these tablets only if you are not allergic to them. Also, do not take these tablets if you are a known case of bronchial asthma.

You need to do the following:

Physical therapy. A physical therapist can instruct you in a series of exercises to stretch the plantar fascia and Achilles tendon and to strengthen lower leg muscles, which stabilize your ankle and heel. A therapist may also teach you to apply athletic taping to support the bottom of your foot.(alternatively, you can do the exercises at home too).

Wear shoes which have soft soles, or alternatively, you can insert silicone heels or silicone soles.

Apply ice twice daily.

Doing all these things will help reduce this pain.

Do X-ray of both heels - lateral view and upload it for me to see.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of the report/ image and is based entirely on the inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|