Pinworm Infection

My pinworm infection symptoms are not improving after Mebendazole. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am struggling with pinworm infection. I took one dose of Mebendazole (100 mg) and it helped. Two weeks later, I took the recommended second dose and about three days after I started exhibiting symptoms again. It is now a week after taking the second dose, symptoms are not improving.  Read Full »

Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem. Reinfection with pinworm is quite frequent. Mebendazole two doses are the standard way of treatment. But in your case, reinfection may have occurred because of remnant eggs. 1) Please change your sheets on the bed and wash them thor...  Read Full »

Is apple cider vinegar suggested for deworming pinworms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female. I think I have pinworms. My butt (perineal and anus area) kept vibrating like a cellphone, about once every two seconds, all day. I started taking probiotics and now it is not as constant, but happens many times a day still. I researched it, and some peopl...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I will advise not to use the apple cider vinegar, but garlic and carrots can be taken, and they will help in further elimination of the pinworms. It will come out only through your anus, and not through anywhere else. You have taken the pin...  Read Full »

How can I permanantly cure infestation of pinworms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had an infestation of pinworms, threadworms for a year now. I am a hygiene clean, single moral person. I have no idea how I got them. Have seen a number of doctors and Reese's, Ivermectin, Mebendazole and now Albenza once a week for five months have not helped. They made a r...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Best is Ivermectin. If resistant, use 5 % Permethrin ointment in whole body. If possible, send me a picture for better advise.  Read Full »

Since I started taking ayurveda medicine, my stools are dark colored. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Due to work stress and junk stuff, I started suffering from irregular periods, indigestion, hair fall and acne for the last six to seven months. So, I went up for some ayurveda treatment. I started taking the following medicines prescribed by an ayurveda practitioner. A combination of Ash...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. You did not mention that have you been performed any test, ultrasound and the previously taken any allopathy medicine. Also, you have been taking this medicine for quite long. Is now your period regular or not? All the symptoms you have mentione...  Read Full »

I witnessed pinworms in stool of 6 months old baby. What has to be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I witnessed pinworms in my baby's stool at night before she sleeps. I examined the anus and found out eggs via the sticky tape test. She is 6 months old. Can you suggest the name and dosage of medicine that will be safe for her?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is due to worm infestation and the name is Enterobipus vermicularis. Advice is as follows: Get done stool examination or perianal swab for the same. If it is positive give Mebendazole 200 mg two times a day for six days. Give Mebendazole 400 mg twice a day to all...  Read Full »

Itchy anus after unprotected oral sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I received unprotected oral sex 13 days ago. No symptoms of genital herpes except for today, I have an itchy anus. No visible bumps, blisters or pain. Is it possible this is the beginning of an outbreak? Or perhaps caused by severe anxiety and prolonged sitting?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Itching over the anal region can be due to many causes: Candidiasis - white discharge from the vagina can cause itching when it comes in contact with the anus. Pinworm infestation. Hemorrhoids (piles). Eczema. Irritant contact dermatitis. In genital herpes,...  Read Full »