Q. Is there any way to treat pinworm infestation permanently?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

I have had an infestation of pinworms, threadworms for a year now. I am a hygiene clean, single moral person. I have no idea how I got them. Have seen a number of doctors and Reese's, Ivermectin, Mebendazole and now Albenza once a week for five months have not helped. They made a reservoir of my female cavity and now have moved into my ears and occasionally nose. I am at my wits end. Afraid they will get in my brain and kill me. Can they do that?

I see them every day, as I zap them during night with a lint roller and use a jewelers lens to examine them in morning. Sometimes they are still moving. Some look like long thread, some are black and some red, depending on what color of pjs I wear. That is weird, guessing chameleon. Take wormwood, cloves, garlic, black walnuts hulls, eat parasitic diet. Fasted 40 days with pineapple juice only and it did not kill them. I pray daily, asking God to help me. I pray that an infectious disease doctor is an answer.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

Best is Ivermectin. If resistant, use 5 % Permethrin ointment in whole body. If possible, send me a picture for better advise.

| 

I took the Ivermectin, but I have such a heavy infestation, it is not affecting it. I have taken it, along with the Albenzol two consecutive weeks each Tuesday. I have put some Permethrin cream in my ears, but still have pinworms in them too. I will continue on the Albenza and Ivermectin unless you instruct me differently. Taking two showers a day and washing all bedding every morning for a year now.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

You have persistent chronic pinworm infestation. You have taken multiple medications and current protocol is Ivermectin and Mebendazole are the first choice. Mostly, 90 % will cure with this only. For pruritis, you can take tablet Stugeron 25 mg PO OD. You can take single dose of tablet Pin X (Pyrantel Pamoate) 750 mg stat only once. This is alternative of Ivermectin.

|