Q. Is there any way to treat pinworm infestation permanently?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
Published on Apr 23, 2019

I have had an infestation of pinworms, threadworms for a year now. I am a hygiene clean, single moral person. I have no idea how I got them. Have seen a number of doctors and Reese's, Ivermectin, Mebendazole and now Albenza once a week for five months have not helped. They made a reservoir of my female cavity and now have moved into my ears and occasionally nose. I am at my wits end. Afraid they will get in my brain and kill me. Can they do that?

I see them every day, as I zap them during night with a lint roller and use a jewelers lens to examine them in morning. Sometimes they are still moving. Some look like long thread, some are black and some red, depending on what color of pjs I wear. That is weird, guessing chameleon. Take wormwood, cloves, garlic, black walnuts hulls, eat parasitic diet. Fasted 40 days with pineapple juice only and it did not kill them. I pray daily, asking God to help me. I pray that an infectious disease doctor is an answer.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

Best is Ivermectin. If resistant, use 5 % Permethrin ointment in whole body. If possible, send me a picture for better advise.

| 

I took the Ivermectin, but I have such a heavy infestation, it is not affecting it. I have taken it, along with the Albenzol two consecutive weeks each Tuesday. I have put some Permethrin cream in my ears, but still have pinworms in them too. I will continue on the Albenza and Ivermectin unless you instruct me differently. Taking two showers a day and washing all bedding every morning for a year now.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

You have persistent chronic pinworm infestation. You have taken multiple medications and current protocol is Ivermectin and Mebendazole are the first choice. Mostly, 90 % will cure with this only. For pruritis, you can take tablet Stugeron 25 mg PO OD. You can take single dose of tablet Pin X (Pyrantel Pamoate) 750 mg stat only once. This is alternative of Ivermectin.

| 

How to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very thin. I want to gain more mass and weight. For that I am consuming multivitamin tablets and protein powder, but no use. I have a doubt that whatever I am taking is not 100% digesting to supply that energy to my body? What do I do?  Read Full »

What do you suggest for vaginal itching in a 3 year old?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter will be 3 by next month. There is itching in her vagina and she scratches it once or twice in a week. Her hygiene is good so far and we are not sure why this is happening. We have not done any deworming so far, and therefore, we are trying for that now. The moment we think ...  Read Full »

My anus is itchy. Do I have anything to worry about?

Query: Hello doctor,Yesterday, my anus started to become itchy. I think it maybe after a bowel movement. I have been eating more nuts than usual. It does not hurt, but gives me the urge to itch. Is this normal? Never had this problem before, not that I remember. Can I use this cream (external link removed)...  Read Full »