Common "Piroxicam" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Piroxicam comes under a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). It relieves pain, swelling, and joint stiffness caused due to osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It is available as capsules, tablets, and gels. It works by inhibiting the production of prostaglandins produced during inflammation and pain.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

The back of my right leg hurts a lot after a fall. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I fell at my work yesterday. The doctor said that there is no fracture, but the back of my right leg is hurting. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to As you had a trauma, there might be a bone and muscle injury, leading to inflammatory pain. You said that the doctor said there is no fracture. Did you take an x-ray? If not, then get an x-ray of the leg. Until then, I suggest you try taking the following. Tablet Aceclo�...  Read Full »

I have been feeling pain in my deltoid muscle for a week. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old male, and I do not have any health disorders or diseases. I have been lifting weights at the gym for the past year. Recently, I have been experiencing pain in my right deltoid muscle, and I have not been able to lift anything for the past week. I am concerned about ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

Answer: Regarding your symptoms of pain in the right deltoid muscle following your previous weightlifting session, it appears you may have torn your muscle, leading to an acute sprain syndrome. To manage this, please follow the prescribed treatment plan below. With proper care, the pain should not recur, an...  Read Full »

Please go through my X-ray and suggest a treatment for my knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, Two years ago, I was injured while playing volleyball. I ignored the pain around my kneecap at that time, and it was fine after a week. After a year, I started getting sudden pain in my right knee. The pain is like locking the knee joint. The pain becomes severe while riding a bike. There...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to While there doesn't appear to be any evident bony injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it's possible that ligament issues arose from the trauma you experienced. If there's noticeable swelling and the pain persists or worsens despite ongoing treatment,...  Read Full »

What can I do to get rid of my left elbow pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe pain in the left elbow. I have attached the photo (the center point where I marked a circle). I am a housewife and have severe pain on my left hand even on lifting a small fry pan. I cannot lift pressure cookers. When lifting, pain becomes severe and feels like it moves d...  Read Full »

Dr. Patel Tejashkumar Govindbhai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it looks like a tennis elbow. In tennis elbow, common extensor muscle tendon attached to the outer side of elbow gets inflamed. And its name suggests that it is common in tennis players...  Read Full »

What is the best remedy for back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been battling with back pain since a year. I associated this pain with a kidney stone which I had for a couple of years. I had a ureteroscopy, crushing and removal of the stone a month ago, but however the back pain still persists. An x-ray done today is attached. I had some back...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through the investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood investigation appears to be fine apart from high CRP (C-reactive protein), which could either be a manifestation of any inflammation or infection somewhere in the...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.