Q. Kindly look at my x-ray and provide the treatment for knee pain.

Dr. Prathap
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

Two years ago, I was injured while playing volleyball. I ignored the pain around my kneecap at that time, and it was fine after a week. After a year, I started getting sudden pain in my right knee. The pain is like locking the knee joint. The pain becomes severe while riding a bike. There is no particular time or prediction for the pain. I am attaching a report of digital x-ray as well as the picture. Please provide me with the interpretation and treatment. I am 33 years old. I have high BP and cholesterol. I am on Tazloc Trio 40 and Rosukem 5.

#

• There is no obvious bony injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but your ligaments might be a problem while you sustained the trauma.
  • Is there any swelling? If the pain is not coming down or becoming more in spite of treatment, then you need to get an MRI of the knee joint to see a ligament damage.

MRI knee joint.

In the meantime, I suggest you tablet Dolonex DT (Piroxicam) once a day and tablet Ultracet P (Tramadol and Paracetamol) twice a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with the consent of your doctor.

Revert with the details to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

There is no swelling at all. I do not know why this happen frequently. Is the above x-ray not enough for detecting ligament issue?

#

• X-ray cannot detect ligament injury. It is for bony structure only.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|