Pitted Scars

I have dark spots on the face from acne. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have oily skin. I have lots of dark spots and acne on my face. Currently, I am using Clincitop gel. My face skin has turned dark where my body color is normal. I have also lost my skin complexion. How should I get rid of this? Please suggest me.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send good quality photographs of your face taken under natural light for more detailed opinion.Revert back with photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

I am suffering from chickenpox scars on my face for many years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from chickenpox scars since childhood as it left so many marks and holes on my face. I need some suggestions to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that the chickenpox scars have been disconcerting to you. The treatment approach would depend on the depth of the wounds. Very deep scars would need a procedure like dermabrasion. For superficial scars, you can try Tretin 0.025 (Tretionin) cream daily ni...  Read Full »

I have been on Isotretinoin for four months. How to stop it?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a severe skin infection and almost cured under my doctor's medication. I have been prescribed Sotret 20 mg (Isotretinoin) for four months. I am married. So, should I continue this? Already four months are done, and progress is 80%. Whenever I am under Isotretinoin medication, p...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Isotretinoin is a wonderful drug. The usual course of 20 mg a day lasts for around six months for an average weighed female. Different doctors do it differently. I prefer not to stop it abruptly but taper it gradually over a period of a month or two to decrease the ch...  Read Full »

Was my circumcision botched?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, and I was circumcised as a baby, and I noticed years ago that all around the base of the head of my penis, there are small holes. Every few months I can squeeze a small amount of smelly white stuff, from some of these holes. Was my circumcision botched when I w...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be an infection of the head of the penis. If possible, please send me images. It does not sound serious, so nothing to worry. You need to give the pus, that is coming out from the holes, for culture and sensitivity. And you will require antibiotics accordin...  Read Full »

How to remove pimples and the scars on my face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have lots of pimples and scars on my face. How can I remove it from my face? Please guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pimple is somewhat hormonal and due to oily skin. Remember the following measures to control pimples. Do not use hair oil and avoid oily foods, chocolates and milk products. Do not use any steroid creams. Face wash and soaps are not the treatment and they do not help. D...  Read Full »

Are derma rollers really effective for scars?

Query: Hello doctor, I have heard good things and bad things about derma rollers. My question is, are they good for scars? Will they actually help? Also, can I use them myself? Or is it better to get it done by a professional?  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Derma rollers are good for certain types of acne scars like rolling type of acne scars (smooth edges of scar). It is not useful for icepick scars and box car type of acne scars. The professional use is usually with a needle length 1.5 mm and higher (4mm). Self-use is r...  Read Full »

I got a rash and pimples on the lips, which spread all over my body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old female, who has so far consulted two infectious disease doctors, my ENT, my primary care doctor, and a dermatologist. I believe I have an undiagnosed parasitic infection. I have a primary immune deficiency, for which I receive IV Ig every three weeks, and I am in g...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the images and culture report attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is clear that it is primarily not an infectious condition. To add to this, antibiotics are therefore not helping you much. There is one entity known as dermatitis artef...  Read Full »