Q. Was my circumcision botched?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 22, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 25 year old male, and I was circumcised as a baby, and I noticed years ago that all around the base of the head of my penis, there are small holes. Every few months I can squeeze a small amount of smelly white stuff, from some of these holes. Was my circumcision botched when I was a baby? The underside of the head of my penis looks normal, you can see the full head of the penis where it looks like a mushroom. When I get erections, it feels tight on the top of the head of my penis, and I think it is preventing my penis to extend to its full length. And if I do not wash it very well, then it smells quite bad where the holes are. Does this sound like anything you have heard before? If so, what is going on? And is there a fix for this?

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

• It could be an infection of the head of the penis. If possible, please send me images.
  • It does not sound serious, so nothing to worry. You need to give the pus, that is coming out from the holes, for culture and sensitivity. And you will require antibiotics according to culture report. So, see a urologist for a physical examination.

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

I believe the white stuff is just smegma, from where my skin adhered. From what I have read on the internet, it looks like they are stitch tunnels from a bad circumcision. I have attached images for your better understanding.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) sent by you.

• There is excessive scar formation at the circumcision site, which is responsible for the tightness feeling during erection.
  • Those holes are scar tissue only. You need to consult a urologist and release this scar, which requires a minor surgery. Releasing these scars will help with erection and also will heal those holes.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

I spilt hot tea on my thighs.What should I apply for rapid healing?

Query: Hello doctor, Tea spilled on my thighs last night and I can see swelling filled with water now. I have already applied silverex ointment yesterday night. What should I apply for rapid healing?   Read Full »

How to remove the scar on my face?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a scar on my face since my childhood. Due to some infection or may be an insect bite, it grew into a pimple and I scratched it. It left a scar on my face and looks ugly.  Read Full »

How to remove hyperpigmented scar?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have a disfigured nose tip with the hyperpigmented scar as a result of a Hydroquinone reaction (Melalite 15 cream). I have undergone several treatments including dermabrasion, subcision and chemical peel. Currently, I am taking Limcee (vitamin c) tablets and co...  Read Full »