Q. How to get rid of the chickenpox scars?

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

I am suffering from chickenpox scars since childhood as it left so many marks and holes on my face. I need some suggestions to get rid of it. Please help.

#

I understand that the chickenpox scars have been disconcerting to you. The treatment approach would depend on the depth of the wounds. Very deep scars would need a procedure like dermabrasion. For superficial scars, you can try Tretin 0.025 (Tretionin) cream daily night. Apply it in small amounts and very lightly over the scars, daily night for two months. It will not lead to a 100 % reduction in the scars, but it would gradually make the scars less visible by tightening the skin. If you are not satisfied with the results after two months, consult a local dermatologist for dermabrasion.

|