Q. What would be the result of CBC and PBS tests in a patient with pityriasis rosea?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

I recently had my blood tested and it turned out that I have WBC at 16000. I have no fever, a cold or a cough. Although I have rashes and I suspect this is pityriasis rosea. My doctor is not aware of my suspicion. Now he wanted me to undergo CBC and peripheral blood smear. If I really have pityriasis rosea what would probably be the result of my CBC and PBS? I am 22, female, 5'1", 48 kg.

#

Pityriasis rosea is a form of viral skin infection. Your total WBC count can be high because of that and in your CBC, high lymphocytes can be a possibility but it is not the rule. For your rash, Levocetirizine 5 mg OD like an oral antihistaminic drug can be prescribed. If needed, topical steroid also can be prescribed. I suggest you consult a dermatologist for examination. Repeat your CBC with peripheral smear examination report after a week.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|