Q. My father has inhomogeneous opacity in the lung. How to treat him?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
Published on Mar 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

My father has a round inhomogeneous opacity in the right middle of the lung. He is taking Ceftum 600. How to treat him?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

#

• The most common cause of this condition is pneumonia. This will require an antibiotic as Ciprofloxacin 1 g every 12 hours for 10 days.
  • Make sure he drinks plenty of fluids and gets enough rest.
  • After completing the antibiotic course repeat the x-ray. If the opacity did not resolve, then you need to investigate other cause by CT scan as it may be cyst or tumor.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Why do epididymitis patients have pain after masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have epididymitis and I am taking Ciprofloxacin for it. I was feeling better but then I masturbated and all the pain is back.  Read Full »

Are the opacities in my chest x-ray due to cold?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a chest x-ray for medical examination. The doctor asked me to take the x-ray twice. These days, I am suffering from cold and throat pain. Will it affect my result? Earlier I had some allergy, but nowadays I did not have that problem. Is it a serious problem to consider? Please guid...  Read Full »