Polyethylene Glycol

I got bleach in my eye. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I got some bleach splash into my eye after dropping it on the floor. I have already rinsed it for 30 minutes and it is red. But I do not have pain. It feels dry, and it is not lubricating after all the rinsing.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleach is an acidic solution, and it has harmful effects on the eye. The good thing you did that you rinsed it with water, but sometimes it causes abrasion of the cornea, because of which you have redness and dryness. It is important to show a...  Read Full »

Had Polyethylene glycol before 40 days and alcohol before 7 days. Will I get any adverse reaction?

Query: Hi doctor, I was given with Polyethylene glycol for 40 days before undergoing endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures. I had symptoms of edema and consumed 200 ml of alcohol before seven days. Can I have possible adverse reactions?  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain about the purpose for doing colonoscopy and endoscopy. Edema can occur due to many reasons. It can occur due to nutritional deficiency.  Read Full »

I had solar retinopathy in the past. Should I get my eyes checked frequently?

Query: Hello doctor, I had been diagnosed with solar retinopathy. I went for an eye exam and the OCT results came up great. However, I am worried about the prevalence of it popping up when I least expect it. The retina looks fine. Should I take heart in knowing that I am fine or be vigilant and continue...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the OCT (optical coherence tomography) and retina are fine, then there is no issue as a long-term effect is less likely. Also, an immediate effect is seen and the layers, particularly the photoreceptor layer is affected. In some percentage of patients, I have seen ...  Read Full »

Why is my 19 months old daughter having constipation since we started giving her solid food?

Query: Hi doctor, My 19 months old daughter weighs 7 kg and is 2.3 feet tall. She has been suffering from constipation since we started giving her solid food, that is since the seventh month.  She cries while passing stool, and her anus becomes red after she passes stool for around two or three times...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Constipation is a common problem for children of this age. We should try to rule out any significant medical causes like anal stenosis and for this, you have to visit a pediatric surgeon. Dietary changes like avoiding milk products should be started as suggested by your...  Read Full »

Can psychiatric drugs induce constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, My father has motion problem. For the past one month he is taking psychiatric medicines. Motion problem is there for the past 10 days. Actually he goes motion daily but only very little. Rarely twice a year he gets this problem but after taking medicines it will get cures. But this time s...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohan Prasad V.g

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For motion formation, one needs to take at least 1 to 1/2 liters of liquid in a day and eat lot of vegetables and fruits. Psychiatric drugs and antibiotics can induce constipation. We need to enhance gut motility and bulk the motion. Please try the following combo to ge...  Read Full »

My bowel movement is not satisfactory. Is that a symptom of IBS?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 3 to 4 years ago, I had normal bowel movements. My bowel movement was good enough that I had to wake up to go and felt quite empty, except sometimes I had to go in the evening and also no farts. I then moved to a new place and I think the water changed; still I was quite fine with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). If there is a problem of recurrent bowel gases, then you can take treatment initially for that. If not relieved, then can undergo colonoscopy. You should also do yoga daily. Initially, please start on the following m...  Read Full »

Should I use special eyeglasses if I spend a lot of time in front of the computer?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 38 year old male. I spend nearly 12 hours in front of the laptop every day due to the nature of my work. I have a cylindrical power of -.75 in my right eye for almost five years now. However, nowadays I feeling eye strain. At my workplace, a doctor advised me to use spe...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This condition is very common when you work for long on the computer and is called computer vision syndrome. You do not need special glasses. Rather, you can keep a screen guard over your computer to protect yourself from UV-rays (ultraviolet). Keep your computer at a ...  Read Full »

How to deal with gastric symptoms after eating very spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, I have constipation with a stomach ache. I recently had a few meals of spicy food and I am facing the consequences for the last four to five days. The symptoms include constipation, narrowing of stools, pain in lower abdomen (especially the lower right portion towards groin), acidic i...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am worried about the location of your pain. A right lower quadrant pain indicates appendicitis. Constipation can be well managed if there is no evidence of appendicitis. In case of appendicitis, we should be cautious to give any kind of laxatives. So before giving ...  Read Full »

Have I developed laxative dependency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am contacting you regarding my bowel issues. About five years ago, I began taking moderate to high doses of Magnesium to ease my heart palpitations. This caused my stools to be very loose and easy to pass. I would normally have 2 to 3 bowel movements a day. Beginning last year, I st...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Magnesium dependency looks unlikely. Magnesium, being a laxative, helped your pre-existing condition. The symptoms you have mentioned point towards IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). This is constipation-predominant IBS. In constipation-predominant IBS, you may develop SR...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of heartburn and a bloated stomach?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old suffering from anxiety disorder, and I took some related medicines for a few years and still take Mirtazapine. I have weight issues from a couple of years. I do blood examinations regularly, which come back normal. Lately, I am having problems with heartburn. I had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the symptoms are related to bowel disturbance. This is multiple issue disorder, as you are presenting with pain, excessive burping, and heartburn. And you also have constipation. This is called IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). All the symptoms are interrelated. See if...  Read Full »