Q. My 7-year-old daughter suffers from blood in stools. How to take care of her?

Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

My daughter is seven years old with a weight of 23 kilograms. She has mild blood in her stool for 50 days. Before 50 days, she had hard stools. I took her to a homeopathy doctor. She examined her and told it as fissures. She gave Sucral ano cream with homeopathy medicines. But till today, the problem is not resolved. Though her anus region looks better, her fissure got started. Yesterday, my wife took her to a general physician and the doctor told it as a fissure and suggested to take Metrogyl 200 for five days with emty PEG. But my wife forgot to tell her that my daughter had constipation with Metrogyl. So I request you to kindly prescribe another antibiotic. One of my consulting doctors suggested my daughter to take Zedocef 100 mg two times a day for five days to get relief from constipation. I need your valuable opinion. I have attached the picture.

#

You need to treat the root cause of this condition. Check the thyroid status and it can cause constipation. You can give Muout powder (Polyethylene Glycol) two scoops daily at night with a glass of water for a month. Continue to have sitz bath. I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is mild redness and do not give oral antibiotics for now. Continue using Sucral ano cream (Lidocaine, Metronidazole, and Sucralfate) three times a day for seven days. Stop using maida items like bread, toast, and biscuits. You can give plenty of oral feeds, and high fiber diet. You can also give honey one tablespoon every day. Have a review after three days and send the thyroid report.

|