Poor Ejaculation

Poor ejaculation is when a man produces a reduced volume of semen, and the force with which he ejaculates is reduced. It is often caused due to depression, anxiety, relationship problems due to stress, aging, medications used for treating high blood pressure, and enlarged prostate gland. Taking medications, doing Kegel exercise, and other forms of pelvic muscle training exercises helps a lot.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How does inguinal hernia affect the ejaculation volume?

Query: Hello doctor, While having sex with my wife six months ago, I had a severe pain in my stomach, which seemed to have originated from my testicles. The pain has never happened again. I live a pretty much normal day to day life. Since then, I have noticed a decrease in semen volume considerably. Now, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be epididymo-orchitis or simply orchitis. I suggest getting an ultrasound of the abdomen and scrotum. Follow-up with the reports. Revert with more information to a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon  Read Full »

Do difficulty in urination, and less ejaculate indicate prostate enlargement?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently I noticed that I am not orgasming as much as I used to. I used to orgasm quite a lot, and now nothing comes out. Also, when I urinate, it is hard to start urinating sometimes, and it is not flowing like normal. I have to push to urinate. It has been happening for a year. I find ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Obstructive symptoms of prostate enlargement are usually present at the age of 50 years and above. In few people, it can start earlier. You will need a prostate assessment. For assessment, we need serum PSA (prostate-specific antigen) level, urine analysis and cultur...  Read Full »

Does partial phimosis cause poor erection and premature ejaculation during sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I am a healthy, active person with no sugar or heart issues (done screening) with no LDL or triglyceride problem. However, I am suffering from two issues. First, when I masturbate, I get erections. I also get morning erections (not daily). But during sex, sometimes I l...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not seem you have a venous leak, as your erection and ejaculation are good during masturbation. However, in the case of a venous leak, it will affect even during masturbation. The most probable reason for your problem can be partial phimosis, as, during intercou...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest any surgical procedure available for correcting erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor, I have trouble getting erection on my demands. I fail to get erection and I am not able maintain full erection if it happens. There is low recovery after ejaculation.  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern about your symptoms. According to your complaints, you may have erectile dysfunction (ED). Reason for erectile dysfunction (ED): • Stress due to work or family-related night duties. • Depression. • Varicocele. • Fe...  Read Full »

Recently, I have lost the ability to ejaculate. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 60 year old male with type 2 diabetes (HbA1c 6.2). Recently, I have lost the ability to ejaculate. Erections are not the problem, just no orgasm or ejaculate. Everything feels right during stimulation but stops short of actually going over the top. I went to a urologist, but he did...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Poor or absent ejaculation occurs due to medicines for prostate or due to diabetes. In some diabetic patients, there is retrograde ejaculation (into the bladder) or sometimes no ejaculation. This can be confirmed by post ejaculation urine test for sperms. However, this s...  Read Full »

I have strong sexual health but my orgasm is not good. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 52-year-old male with strong sexual health. My issue is I do not feel the orgasms like I used to be. The feeling when I reach the climax is not good or strong as used to be a year ago. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns about qualitatively poor ejaculation. As per the available reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the definite cause cannot be made out. This is because your hormonal profile pertaining to sexual healt...  Read Full »

What are the side-effects of prone masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old, male. I am prone to masturbation since a very young age, I tried to do normally and I fail to orgasm even though it seems close. I do ejaculate a bit, but I have to follow it up with prone masturbation. I do not have erectile dysfunction for now, do not know about l...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following are the answers to your questions. 1. Whenever a person ejaculates, the orgasm is simultaneously achieved in most of the cases. The interval between initiation of sexual stimulus and ejaculation or orgasm is depended upon the many factors and varies from p...  Read Full »

My husband can only ejaculate for some seconds in intercourse. Why is it so?

Query: Hello doctor, I am married it has been one and a half year of my marriage. It was an arranged marriage, so we took the time to understand each other before making love we took five months, and we did not do it. But after five months period, he tried for one year and could not make it. He can only e...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not because of the five-month gap. He might be suffering from premature ejaculation disorder. Why did you wait for five months? Does your husband have any bad previous sexual experience? If he had a failed sexual intercourse, he will try to avoid it, because he...  Read Full »

My ejaculate does not come out and gets stuck during orgasm. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old, male, and taking Dutasteride for ten years. Gradually, over the past two years, I have been seeing a change in my ejaculation. At the point of orgasm, the ejaculate no longer comes out. But this is definitely not retrograde ejaculation. The ejaculate gets stuck at t...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, I would like to know a few more details about your symptoms. How is your urinary flow, do you have to strain? Have you had any endoscopic procedure or catheterization done in your urethra? Are you only on Dutasteride or do you take alpha-...  Read Full »

What is the reason for not ejaculating during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 70 but until recently have been very sexually active with my wife. I am in good health overall but have suffered from anxiety and depression my entire life. That usually has not interfered with my sex life. I have had a penile implant several years ago so getting an erection is not...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are in good health and has no serious co-morbid issue. You have main problem of delayed or no ejaculation. This could be occurring due to poor erection or reduced libido or anxiety. You are not on any anti-hypertensive so we can think of adding Sildenafil to your...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.