Q. I am having intense lightheadedness after quitting porn addiction. Please help.

Dr. Aida Quka

I am a male, age is 28 years, normal blood test results. After struggling with porn addiction for many years I decided to completely stop. However, everyday from 6 PM I have intense lightheadedness. I cannot go out, drink, go to the gym or be functional at night. I had sometimes panic attacks which lasted for some time and lightheadedness for 2 to 3 hours straight. I stopped since three months my porn use, and I personally suspect that I could have post acute withdrawal symptoms since I got to those chat sites for a lot of years already. I do not know if it is normal or an underlying condition.

#

I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms are suggestive of panic attacks. I agree with you on the fact that these could be withdrawal symptoms. For this reason, I would recommend trying natural ways to relieve your anxiety:

Yoga and meditation, recreational sports, going out with friends in the afternoon, taking herbal supplements (Passiflora and Valeriana) in order to improve your situation when the lightheadedness occurs, taking daily Magnesium supplements which can help calm your nervous system and improve your mental health, and reduce maximally coffee or energy drinks intake.

If these tips do not help, consulting with a psychotherapist may be helpful.

|