Q. I am having intense lightheadedness after quitting porn addiction. Please help.

Dr. Aida Quka
Published on Nov 04, 2019

I am a male, age is 28 years, normal blood test results. After struggling with porn addiction for many years I decided to completely stop. However, everyday from 6 PM I have intense lightheadedness. I cannot go out, drink, go to the gym or be functional at night. I had sometimes panic attacks which lasted for some time and lightheadedness for 2 to 3 hours straight. I stopped since three months my porn use, and I personally suspect that I could have post acute withdrawal symptoms since I got to those chat sites for a lot of years already. I do not know if it is normal or an underlying condition.

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms are suggestive of panic attacks. I agree with you on the fact that these could be withdrawal symptoms. For this reason, I would recommend trying natural ways to relieve your anxiety:

Yoga and meditation, recreational sports, going out with friends in the afternoon, taking herbal supplements (Passiflora and Valeriana) in order to improve your situation when the lightheadedness occurs, taking daily Magnesium supplements which can help calm your nervous system and improve your mental health, and reduce maximally coffee or energy drinks intake.

If these tips do not help, consulting with a psychotherapist may be helpful.

I have lightheadedness. Is it due to GAD medicines?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chest heaviness and lightheadedness along with muscular spasms.  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Lightheadedness and feeling of fainting are either due to low blood pressure or an abnormal rhythm of the heart. You will need a BP check and ECG so that any abnormality could be picked up. Regards. For more information consult an interna...  Read Full

How to achieve full erection while having sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing ED issue. I am not able to achieve full erections while sex. There is no previous history of this issue. Kindly advice the further action to be taken.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. Please answer these questions, Since how long do you have this problem? How were your erections before? Are you suffering from other alignments like diabetes and hypertension? Do you have the addiction to smoking or alcohol? Do you have night er...  Read Full