Q. Why am I getting on and off fever six days after recovering from COVID?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I had COVID in the last month, and I was able to recover from it completely. I had a continuous high fever during the illness but as I recovered, my fever went away altogether. However, six days later the fever reappeared. It is only my head and neck that are hot, the rest of my body is fine. The fever comes and goes away. I am afraid I may have developed a medical health condition due to the COVID infection. I would like to know the reason for this.

#

The condition you are suffering from is known as post-COVID syndrome. There are many complications that patients develop after recovering from COVID. These are collectively called post-COVID syndrome. Generally, it is treated with antibiotics after we find out the source of infection with the help of investigations like chest x-ray (for respiratory tract infection), routine urine microscopy (for urinary tract infection), CBC (complete blood count), and CRP (C-reactive protein). Usually, this resolves spontaneously with antibiotics treatment. If it does not resolve, it can be very well controlled with steroids as it is not due to infection. It is an inflammatory complication of COVID so there is nothing to worry about. You just need the right diagnosis and treatment. I would advise you to get these tests done (that I have mentioned above) and follow up with me here or with your local physician.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|