I am a 23-year-old male. I had my wisdom teeth taken out four days ago, and it has started to bleed profusely while I was sleeping, and it seems I cannot get it to stop. Kindly help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Do the following things urgently to stop bleeding.
1. Take big cotton, crush some ice and put in it and then place the pack tightly at socket place where it is bleeding.
2. Keep this cotton pack at a place for two hours.
3. After it takes out cotton and have some ice cream or drink something cold that can help to produce clot at the site.
4. Do not spit much. More you will spit, more bleeding will happen.
5. After two hours if bleeding does not stop, you should make another cotton pack and put it at the socket for four hours. Do not check for bleeding in every 10 minutes, and it causes to bleed more only.
6. You can have normal temperature meal only. Hot and hard edible things should be avoided for one day.
7. If bleeding still does not get better, then go to your dentist. Otherwise, it will be fine in a day.Give me a follow-up after 24 hours. I will guide you further if needed.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor,I had my lower wisdom tooth extraction last week. I had bone cutting and stitches. Today is the sixth day of surgery, but I have severe pain even after taking pain killers. But there is no adequate response. I had five days of antibiotics too. Please suggest me what I should do? Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, My mother got her tooth pulled out. It has been a few hours now. But still, it is bleeding a lot. She uses a new gauze continuously, but it gets soaked in blood. Is this normal? Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dentist Now