Q. Why is there bleeding for over 24 hours after wisdom tooth removal?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Apr 16, 2019

I have got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and they have been bleeding for over 24 hours. Is this normal?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

Yes, it is normal. You just keep a cold cotton pack for the next two hours at the socket. This will make the clot. Then start with saline water mouthrinses five times a day for the next whole week. Take a 1/4th teaspoon of salt in a cup of lukewarm water and do its rinses. It will heal up your socket fast. Stay happy and blessed.

I am bleeding, four hours after a tooth extraction. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,About four hours ago, I had a tooth removed. It has started to bleed again, and I rinsed my mouth with water. I read online that you should not do that. My gum is really hurting. Am I going to be fine?  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Slight bleeding from the site of extraction is normal within 24 hours of extraction. But if bleeding is severe, you should immediately consult a dentist or go to an emergency room. As of now, you should bite on a sterile piece of gauze and apply gentle pressure, so that b...  Read Full

Post Extraction Instructions for Children and Adults

Article Overview: It is very important to maintain a good oral hygiene after tooth extraction. This article discusses in detail the instructions to be followed after tooth extraction. Read Article

After tooth extraction, it is crucial for the blood clot to form and start the healing process. For this, post-extraction instructions should be carefully followed, otherwise, it will lead to swelling of the face, bleeding from the socket, infections, etc. Post-Extraction Instructions for Kids (Mil...  Read Article