Q. Can you suggest any temporary measure to relieve pain in the area from where the tooth was removed?

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I took off my first molar teeth due to careless RCT before a week. And for the past two days, I am having severe pain in the whole region from where the tooth has been removed. Especially it pains after evening time. Can you please tell me any treatment that I can perform now for temporary relief?

#

This is possibly due to dry socket or presence of root fragment left behind in the socket. You can take fresh radiograph fresh and send it with a photograph of the socket to confirm whether it is due to dry socket or root tip.

Kindly consult your doctor to discuss and take the treatment with consent.

1. Amoxicillin 500 mg TDS (thrice a day) for five days.
  2. Tablet Ketorolac 10 mg SOS (as and when needed). Put it on the tooth and you will get relief in a few minutes.
  3. Tablet Zerodol SP (Aceclofenac, Paracetamol, and Serratiopeptidase) BD (twice daily) for three days.

|