Q. I got my dry sockets packed twice already, then why is the pain not going down?

Answered by Dr. Pallavi Srivastava and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dry Socket or Antibacterial Mouthwash? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I got my dry sockets packed twice already, then why is the pain not going down?

I had four teeth extracted a week ago, two on top and two on the bottom. I did not get numb at all, so I felt it all. I was diagnosed with a dry socket on the bottom. The dentist that I went to packed it twice now, after 4 to 5 days. As the extracted teeth were adjacent teeth, so when he packed them, the packing was connected. The packing that was on the top of the gum connecting the two holes ate the bone in between the two extracted teeth. So, I called the dentist, and his nurse said it is normal. She said that the dentist might have done it while suturing the extraction. But it was not there after he extracted. What could this be and what should I do? It is not getting any better, and the pain is getting worse as days pass. No other dentist will see me because it is his work, and not theirs.