Q. Is it normal to have post-nasal drip after root canal treatment?

Dr. Akhil K Padmanabhan

My daughter had a root canal yesterday and now has a strong post nasal drip that tastes like hypochlorite. Should I take her to the doctor?

#

Typically, you will recover completely from a minor sinus issue like this within a few days, without any intervention from your dentist. However, if you are experiencing sinus issues that have worsened, or have not gone away after 2 to 4 days after your root canal or you believe you may be developing a sinus infection or you feel serious and significant pain and discomfort around your sinus or there is a metallic taste in your mouth, nose, or throat or you notice any kind of bleeding or pus in your nose or mucus, you should visit your dentist immediately.

| 

Which is the best treatment for badly decayed front teeth in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, My 3.5 years old daughter's upper front four teeth have decayed very badly and our dentist has advised on either root canal treatment or taking them out. Which treatment is best suited overall for my daughter?  Read Full »

How to cure chronic post-nasal drip and change of voice?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I have been living with persistent allergies in my whole life. I have chronic post-nasal drip. I have lost my voice and get some sort of sore throat, whether that be laryngitis or strep throat. I had the same thing thrice in the past three months. This is especially dif...  Read Full »

Can root canal treatment be done on a small kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-1/2-year-old son has a problem with four teeth (front, above) and doctors are suggesting RCT (root canal treatment). Here are my questions. Can RCT be done for such a small child? Will it affect his next teeth at around 7 years of age? Is there any alternate for RCT ...  Read Full »