Q. Is root canal treatment necessary if there is no pain in the tooth?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 22, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2019

Approximately one year back, my left chewing tooth got a small hole due to something which I bit. So, that became a tooth decay, over there it looks black. I recently consulted a dentist. So, he suggested a root canal but I do not have any pain nor loose of teeth and also I am afraid of root canal so please suggest any other medication for this.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

If the cavity is deep, the root canal treatment is necessary to save it. Else, it will have to be pulled out later. If it is not too deep then you should ask him whether first a temporary filling can be given and if there is no pain even after one month, it can be replaced with a permanent filling. There is nothing to be afraid of the root canal treatment as it is painless after anesthesia is given.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|