Q. Can root canal treatment help reduce swelling around infected teeth?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 09, 2019

I have placed caps in my two teeth. Now, I got swelling around the teeth. X-ray has been taken. The doctor told me that there is some infection in the teeth, so it needs a root canal to be done. I do not have any pain in the teeth. I have only swelling in the teeth. Please suggest what to do?

#

Pain will come back after a few days if the root canal treatment is not done for the infected teeth. It is better to do a root canal treatment in the teeth as soon as possible as the pain can become unbearable. Such swelling come due to nerves that get rotten inside the teeth due to various reasons like putting a cap over it. You will need antibiotics and painkillers.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|