Q. I get abdominal pain while urinating, and my urine shows RBC. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Pratik Patil
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

From the last two years, I have some problems. At an interval of 2 to 3 months, I sometimes get lower abdominal pain while urinating. A few months back, the pain was terrible for two days. I consulted my doctor, and he advised me some medications. He told that it is a case of cystitis. My KUB ultrasound was found normal. But during a health checkup a few days back, RBC was detected in my urine. So, the doctor told me that I have a chance of having a kidney stone. I am uploading my urine report for further details.

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Oncology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • Yes, your reports show plenty of RBCs (red blood cells) in urine, which signifies infection. It could be secondary to renal calculi lodged somewhere up in the kidneys or ureter. It might be so small that it is not detectable on the ultrasound.
  • I would advise you to repeat the ultrasound of the abdomen so that the pathology can be detected.
  • Increase water intake to get good urine output. I suggest taking tablet Ofloxacin 300 mg, twice a day and tablet Metronidazole 100 mg, three times daily till then. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can a hemorrhagic cyst in the right ovary cause pain in the left pelvic area?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my left pelvic area, which gets better after taking Meftal Spas. I got an ultrasound done, which revealed a 5 cm hemorrhagic cyst in my right ovary. My period is also delayed. Is this cyst regular or an endometriosis cyst? Is this pain related to the cyst? What should I d...  Read Full »

My son throws up every time he has milk. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, My son is three and a half years old. From the past 12 days, he vomits four or five minutes after drinking milk. This happens only in the mornings. He is fine if he drinks it at night. Please suggest a cure.  Read Full »

I have visible blood in the urine after exercise. Do I need MRI with contrast?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor recommended I get an MRI of the prostate and kidney. I have visible blood in the urine after exercise. We suspect it is a result of prostate laser surgery several years ago, but the doctor wants to rule out other sources of bleeding. I am okay with MRI's but will not agree t...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.