Q. I have vaginal pain while urinating along with stomach and back pain. Is it fine?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I have pain in the inside of my vagina when I pee and lower back and stomach pain that comes and goes. Is this normal?

#

It could be sexually transmitted infection or pelvic infection. Have high vaginal swab urinalysis, urine culture. Strict hygiene. Soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms to avoid sexually transmitted infection. Avoid cosmetics locally, just use a soft razor for hair removal. Lots of water and Cranberry juice to avoid UTI. After collection of the swab, have medications, tablet Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily and tablet Metronidazole 400 mg eight hourly for 14 days. Collect reports and discuss here.

STI or PID.

Urinalysis, urine culture, HVS (high vaginal swab).

UTI or PID.

STI or PID.

Oral antibiotics.

| 

Why am I having frequent yellow-green vaginal discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from yellowish green vagina discharge. I have been to several doctors and they have done urine tests, vaginal swab. But nothing helped and have been given medication for a bacterial infection, yeast infection. The symptoms just keep coming back. I will attach a p...  Read Full »

My vagina is always itchy after a period. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I usually have a slight on and off vaginal itching after my periods, for which I consulted a doctor. She advised me to take two tablets of Candiforce 200 and it stopped. However, these days I still have light vaginal itching on and off. My period date is on the 28th. Kindly help as I a...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»