Q. I have vaginal pain while urinating along with stomach and back pain. Is it fine?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I have pain in the inside of my vagina when I pee and lower back and stomach pain that comes and goes. Is this normal?

#

It could be sexually transmitted infection or pelvic infection. Have high vaginal swab urinalysis, urine culture. Strict hygiene. Soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms to avoid sexually transmitted infection. Avoid cosmetics locally, just use a soft razor for hair removal. Lots of water and Cranberry juice to avoid UTI. After collection of the swab, have medications, tablet Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily and tablet Metronidazole 400 mg eight hourly for 14 days. Collect reports and discuss here.

STI or PID.

Urinalysis, urine culture, HVS (high vaginal swab).

UTI or PID.

STI or PID.

Oral antibiotics.

|