Q. Why is there slow healing of boils on my face?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy
Published on Aug 10, 2018

Before eight months, I had boils on both sides of my face. Now, they left dark black marks. They are very stubborn and extremely hard to fade. They are gradually disappearing, but it is too slow. Please help.

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatology Venereology
#

Post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to treat. The essential thing is protecting skin from UV (ultraviolet) rays, so sunscreen with SPF 50 (sun protection factor) is must in the morning hours, apply it for every four hours when you go out to beach or park for a longer duration. I would suggest you use a topical cream called Demelan (Kojic acid, Glycolic acid, and Arbutin). It will help to reduce the pigmentation and lightens the pigment. Use this cream twice a day. Other options are a series of glycolic acid chemical peel and microdermabrasion which will help to exfoliate the skin, and it lightens the pigment.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Why has the color of my skin changed?

Query: Hello doctor, After working out at a gym for three months, the color of my skin has changed. It is darker now as compared to earlier. I want to know the reason behind this and the solution of this problem too.  Read Full »