Q. Why is there slow healing of boils on my face?

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

Before eight months, I had boils on both sides of my face. Now, they left dark black marks. They are very stubborn and extremely hard to fade. They are gradually disappearing, but it is too slow. Please help.

#

Post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to treat. The essential thing is protecting skin from UV (ultraviolet) rays, so sunscreen with SPF 50 (sun protection factor) is must in the morning hours, apply it for every four hours when you go out to beach or park for a longer duration. I would suggest you use a topical cream called Demelan (Kojic acid, Glycolic acid, and Arbutin). It will help to reduce the pigmentation and lightens the pigment. Use this cream twice a day. Other options are a series of glycolic acid chemical peel and microdermabrasion which will help to exfoliate the skin, and it lightens the pigment.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|