Q. Having Myopia, Should I wear UV sunglasses only on prescription?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
This is a premium question & answer published on May 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 24, 2022

I am having myopia and I wear power glasses. My doubt is that can I wear UV sunglasses or should I go for prescribed sunglasses?

#

You can use UV glasses in your prescribed glasses.

Actually myopia (near sightedness and using minus glasses) is a separate issue. While UV glasses (ultraviolet) are just a filter incorporated in your glasses that absorb UV light from the sun. No matter you are using plus or minus glasses and no matter how much power.

You can ask your optician to make it with UV filter. It is just like your mobile phone and you can order a screen protector of your own choice. It has nothing to do with your glasses number. It just blocks UV light rays that are dangerous to the eye.

|