Q. Why is there tanning of skin?

Published on Jul 15, 2018

I do not know why my face is two colored. My cheeks are fair but my forehead, nose and mouth area is dark. But sometimes I look very fair but sometimes I look very dark. I get darker when I go swimming and if I stay in the sun for a minute, I get tanned badly. I am just using homemade remedies such as lemon and curd, banana and curd told by my grandma. I want to be fair and glowing. What should I do?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have gone through your query. With your descriptions, it seems you have developed dark complexion at the forehead, nose, and mouth of your face. These areas are found with more sebaceous glands which lead to excessive oiliness under the influence of hormones. This leads to more photosensitivity and more post inflammatory hyperpigmentation causing temporary tanning of these areas. You can use Sunban forte sunscreen (Titanium dioxide, Oxybenzone, etc.) daily in the morning and try to keep your self away from the sun. You can use Glutathione containing cream.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Tanning of Skin

Article Overview: Though ultraviolet radiation induced erythema is seen in all skin types, it is more marked in fair skin and barely perceptible in dark skinned individuals. This article throws light on different skin phototypes and tanning. Read Article

Cosmetologist

Tanning or skin pigmentation that occurs after sun exposure depends on the individual skin phototypes. The tanning response depends on the wavelength of light inducing it. Immediate tanning is mainly due to ultraviolet A (UVA), whereas delayed tanning is due to ultraviolet B (UVB). Skin phototypes,...  Read Article

How to clear my skin without blackheads?

Query: Hi doctor, I have trouble with acne. I wash my face every night, and I use a toner to balance my pH levels. I use moisturizer and face masks once in a while. When I wear makeup, I use the healthiest makeup with removing wipes, and nothing seems to be working. After using a toner, I am not getting ...  Read Full »