Uv Ray Protection

Is there any medicine, exercise or diet to help with chilblains during winter?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. I live in a cold environment. I get chilblains every winter on my fingers and toes (they become swollen red and itchy). I always keep myself warm wear gloves and socks all times but still get them. Is there any solution for this medicine, diet, and exercise? I...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chilbain is one of the inflammatory disorders due to prolonged exposure to cold temperatures. Usually in travelers and can be in families. Precautions play a very important role. Regular care by soaking in warm water followed by drying and application of moisturiz...  Read Full »

Why do my skin becomes red when I step out?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever I am outside of home my face is looking red and many people asks me that why your face looks red. Please suggest me what should I do for it? Even in the evening, I mean without in sun rays it also looks red. I am a 20-year-old male.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. There might be many reasons for turning your skin red while going outside. Most common reasons may include that your skin is very sensitive and whenever you go outside your skin is not able to tolerate the external heat and produces heat stre...  Read Full »

My skin is inflamed and sensitive after excessive sun exposure. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I did something very silly 10 days ago. I was outside all day without a sunscreen, so the tops of my breasts were exposed to the sun until 2 PM. I got a sunburn which is typical, as my skin type makes me prone to it. Usually, it subsides within a week, if not less. However, this time t...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you developed severe sunburn. Sunburn is a clinical reaction due to the acute effects of the sun's ultraviolet radiation (UVR) on the skin. I suggest using normal saline or 1:10,000 dilution potassium permanganate compresses or soaks to wash away serous disc...  Read Full »

Should I use special eyeglasses if I spend a lot of time in front of the computer?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 38 year old male. I spend nearly 12 hours in front of the laptop every day due to the nature of my work. I have a cylindrical power of -.75 in my right eye for almost five years now. However, nowadays I feeling eye strain. At my workplace, a doctor advised me to use spe...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This condition is very common when you work for long on the computer and is called computer vision syndrome. You do not need special glasses. Rather, you can keep a screen guard over your computer to protect yourself from UV-rays (ultraviolet). Keep your computer at a ...  Read Full »

Why is there slow healing of boils on my face?

Query: Hi doctor, Before eight months, I had boils on both sides of my face. Now, they left dark black marks. They are very stubborn and extremely hard to fade. They are gradually disappearing, but it is too slow. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to treat. The essential thing is protecting skin from UV (ultraviolet) rays, so sunscreen with SPF 50 (sun protection factor) is must in the morning hours, apply it for every four hours when you go out to beach or park for a ...  Read Full »

Are camera flashes bad for the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor,Does taking close selfies on your phone with the flash on, cause any damage to the eyes, if done occasionally?  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it will not cause any damage if done occasionally. It is important to know what kind of light will damage the cells, especially the UV rays and infrared rays. These rays will damage the light-sensitive cells of the retina and will cause a damage to the vision whi...  Read Full »

Having Myopia, Should I wear UV sunglasses only on prescription?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having myopia and I wear power glasses. My doubt is that can I wear UV sunglasses or should I go for prescribed sunglasses?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can use UV glasses in your prescribed glasses. Actually myopia (near sightedness and using minus glasses) is a separate issue. While UV glasses (ultraviolet) are just a filter incorporated in your glasses that absorb UV light from the sun. No matter you ar...  Read Full »

Why has the color of my skin changed?

Query: Hello doctor, After working out at a gym for three months, the color of my skin has changed. It is darker now as compared to earlier. I want to know the reason behind this and the solution of this problem too.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern very well, but let me make it very clear to you that working out in the gym will not have any sort of effect on skin color. Going to the gym is a step closer to a healthy life. Skin color is determined by melanin, a color pigment which...  Read Full »