Pouch Of Douglas

I have a burning sensation on my waist. Please tell me what could be the cause.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a burning sensation on my waist. Please tell me what could be the cause?  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your HVS (high vaginal swab) was negative, so I presume it did not have discharge. Have you done a pelvic scan because if there are infection and collection at the pouch of Douglas, you may not see a visible discharge. Do you have a regular menstrual cycle, like a pr...  Read Full »

What is the significance of minimal fluid in POD?

Query: Hi doctor, We had unprotected sex and after that she took I-pill within one hour. Is there any chance of pregnancy? She had an ultrasound and there is minimal fluid found in POD. Otherwise, everything is fine. Please suggest what to do now.  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When the unprotected sex happened? When and why was ultrasound done? Fluid in POD (pouch of Douglas - between rectum and back part of uterus) in ultrasound can be due to ovulation. If unprotected sex happened around ovulation and had birth control pill, there will be arou...  Read Full »