Q. My scan report says cord around the baby's neck. Please help.

Dr. Vidya
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 05, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 16, 2019

I had an ultrasound scan of the uterus done in 32nd week of my pregnancy, and the report says the cord is around the neck (type A). Please help.

#

Cord around the baby's neck is common in pregnancy.

There are two types of this condition, type A and type B.

• Type A is very common and this usually disentangles on its own.
  • Type B is a little serious issue and requires attention.

Type B may form a true knot around the baby's neck and can be an emergency situation causing reduced blood supply to the fetus (ischemia) and reduced oxygen supply to the fetus (hypoxia).

Consult a gynaecologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|