HomeAnswersSexologypremature ejaculationMy premature ejaculation issue has worsened. What to do?

Can arthritis medications worsen premature ejaculation?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 30, 2022
Reviewed AtOctober 11, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am suffering from premature ejaculation and cannot delay ejaculation for more than 60 seconds. I have had arthritis for the past two to three years. After taking Remicade to treat arthritis, my premature ejaculation problem worsened, and I am worried about the same. I am taking Saaz 1000 mg and Etoshine 90 mg for arthritis, and I have stopped taking the medicines for the last two months.

Kindly help.

Thank you.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and understand your concern.

Two different approaches can manage premature ejaculation.

1. The first treatment includes using a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) group of medicines such as Fluoxetine 20 mg, Paroxetine 10 mg, or Dapoxetine 30 to 60 mg. The last one, Dapoxetine, can be used half an hour before sexual activity on a required basis, while others need to be taken daily. All these drugs are prescription-only, so you must get a prescription from your nearby doctor. Dapoxetine will probably be better for you as it is to be taken on a when-required basis. You can consult your specialist doctor, talk with them and take medications with their consent.

2. Behavioral therapy to manage premature ejaculation includes coitus interruption, squeeze technique, or stop-start technique. You can read about these and start any of them to practice. You may take time to learn these exercises correctly, but the effects are longer-lasting.

I hope I was helpful to you.

Thank you.

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

Can I use herbal medicines like Gokshura and Ashwashila for this condition? Would they be of any help?

Thank you.


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

These are ayurvedic medicines and are used as aphrodisiacs to treat sexual dysfunction. These medicines are also helpful, but the dosage, duration, and side effects of these drugs need to be confirmed by an ayurvedic expert. As I am not the right person to comment on these herbal medicines, you need to consult an ayurvedic doctor for the same.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy