Q. I have cramps, noise in stomach and gassy feeling before periods. Why?

Dr. Sabita Laskar

I am a 15-year-old female. The day before my period I got bad cramps and they stopped before I go to bed. On the day of my periods, my stomach is making weird noises and I feel that it is filled with gas and getting little cramps. What is my problem?

#

There is autonomic nervous dysfunction before the period comes, and this period can stretch as long as 14 days before your period.

You may experience bloating due to excess gas discomfort in your back and pelvis.

Weird sound in your tummy, constipation, diarrhea, and general ill-being are collectively called PMS (premenstrual syndrome).

It usually subsides within a few days of you getting your period.

So, in my opinion, you are probably facing PMS, be assured to take lots of water.

Try to keep your bowel motions regular.

Avoid oily junk foods around that period, and you will be good in no time.

|