Q. Why do I have pain inside my anus?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on May 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 04, 2020

I am 27 years old. I have pain inside my anus. My anus outside is normal with no pain and injury. Along the same line of my anus right inside I feel the pain. No blood and passing stool also easy. When I sit on the toilet I used to sit with legs spread out a bit. Otherwise when I walk or before I sit down or when I intend to change my sitting or lying position, I feel pain. No other sign of sickness present. I do not have fever. Please note that sneezing, coughing or even spitting out increases the pain. Also in the morning, the pain seems to reduce but as the day progress, the pain increases. I am out of town for a project. So, I cannot go for any test. There is also some loss of appetite. The same thing occurred before two years also. Currently, I am taking O2 (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole), Prowel and Cremaffin. I just started taking them this morning but no effect as of now.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Pain inside anus is really troublesome and it could be caused by different factors. It starts from piles, prolapse, fistula and fissure to impacted stool.
  • In your age, I presume, it could be due to a spasm of rectal muscle or sphincter called proctalgia fugax.
  • This is a condition where psychological stress is one of the factors. However, you need a clinical examination and proctoscopy to look inside the anus.
  • As you are far away, I suggest you to follow few things preliminarily.
  1. Take sitz bath by immersing your bottom in a bucket full of warm water for 15 minutes twice a day.
  2. Keep your stool soft by taking those laxatives if needed.
  3. Take Asthalin 4 mg tablets thrice a day.
  4. Take some anxiolytic like Alzolam 25 mg (Alprazolam) at bedtime.
  • Lastly, I again emphasis for a surgeon visit as soon as possible to detect the cause and necessary treatment.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

What to do for bleeding piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the most effective laxative for my mother's constipation.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 80 years old, has diabetes, high BP and thyroid since last 15 years. She is under control with medicines. She has chronic constipation since last 30 years and uses different laxatives. In the past one year, her constipation has increased and even high doses of laxatives...  Read Full »

I have anal pain even two weeks after a piles surgery. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I had undergone piles surgery two weeks ago. Still, I have pain in the anal area during bowel movements.  Read Full »