Q. My wife's progesterone level is 23. 5 on her 10 th day of ovulation. What does it indicate?

My wife and I are currently trying for a baby. She went to the hospital today to do a check on her progesterone levels as today is her 10 th day after ovulation. Her result showed that her progesterone level is 23.5. What does this result mean?

#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

Your question is regarding the interpretation of the progesterone level in the female. You have to know that after ovulation in female in their menstrual cycle, progesterone level rises. The level goes down once menstrual the bleeding stops. So the normal range of progesterone varies in different phases of the menstrual cycle. Your wife's progesterone level seems to be appropriate in the secretory phase means after the ovulation period. So menstrual-related problem is not causative for your infertility problem.

I suggest you have sexual intercourse around the ovulation time that is between 12-18 th days of the menstrual cycle to achieve conception. Your semen analysis also should be done for primary workup. I hope this will help you. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

|