Q. My wife's progesterone level is 23. 5 on her 10 th day of ovulation. What does it indicate?

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 06, 2019

My wife and I are currently trying for a baby. She went to the hospital today to do a check on her progesterone levels as today is her 10 th day after ovulation. Her result showed that her progesterone level is 23.5. What does this result mean?

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

Your question is regarding the interpretation of the progesterone level in the female. You have to know that after ovulation in female in their menstrual cycle, progesterone level rises. The level goes down once menstrual the bleeding stops. So the normal range of progesterone varies in different phases of the menstrual cycle. Your wife's progesterone level seems to be appropriate in the secretory phase means after the ovulation period. So menstrual-related problem is not causative for your infertility problem.

I suggest you have sexual intercourse around the ovulation time that is between 12-18 th days of the menstrual cycle to achieve conception. Your semen analysis also should be done for primary workup. I hope this will help you. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

Despite ovulation induction, I did not get pregnant. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. My height is 5'1" and my weight is 61 kg. I am a bit overweight. I have pcod problem. I got married 2 years back and I cannot get pregnant. I had Clomid and hCG injections twice. Both were failed. But, doctor said that my egg growth is good. I have attached my hormon...  Read Full »

Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (APD)

Article Overview: This article deals with the treatment of autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) through homeopathy. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) is characterized by skin rashes whose severity is directly dependant on the phase of the menstrual cycle. It appears at the second half of the menstrual cycle during which the progesterone begins to rise. The rashes subside immediately after menstruation ends...  Read Article

Where to put your penis during sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I recently got married and have a few doubts about intercourse. I am not clear about the vaginal spot. Where should I insert my penis exactly? I had a chat with my partner and she said that it is the spot where the gynecologist tested her uterus when we had a general check-up. Please...  Read Full »