Prostate Adenocarcinoma

How soon should I go for prostate removal surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer and recommend prostate removal. But it is difficult to get the surgeon to do the operation. I am worried. Do you think I should look for a different outfit to do the surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from prostate problems. According to your prostate biopsy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have prostatic adenocarcinoma. Cancer that is confined to the pros...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for adenocarcinoma of prostate?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know about my dad's PSA prostate biopsy report. The report is in french language and I will translate it in English. Doctor advised him to take hormone therapy and radiation therapy. Will that work? Biopsy report shows: Adenocarcinoma of prostate Gleason score 6 (3+3) ass...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks your father has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. The good thing is that his bone scan is free of metastasis (spread). I will suggest them to do an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) pelvis and x-ray chest plus abdominal ultrasound for staging. These investiga...  Read Full »

Please help me interpret my prostate biopsy.

Query: Hi doctor, Here are the results of a prostate biopsy. What do you think of the results? Do you recommend surgery or chemotherapy for a 71 year old?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The prostate biopsy report is suggestive of high grade prostate adenocarcinoma. So, the recommended treatment would be either a laparoscopic radical prostatectomy or radiotherapy in the form of IMRT (intensity-modulated radiation therapy). No role for chemotherapy as a...  Read Full »

My father was diagnosed with prostatic adenocarcinoma. What should we do?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is diagnosed with prostatic adenocarcinoma. His biopsy reports show Gleason's grade 3+4 (% of 4 is 30%), tumor involves 60 % of submitted biopsy. No perineural invasion is seen. His PSA level is 107.69 ng/mL. He has triple vessel heart disease, and the echo result showed EP...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You can get a staging workup with PSMA (prostate-specific membrane antigen) scan or bone scan and MRI pelvis. His high PSA (prostate-specific antigen) does make him high risk, but considering his age, I will not suggest a very aggressive approach to the case.If the prost...  Read Full »