Q. What does the prostate biopsy suggest?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on May 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

Here are the results of a prostate biopsy. What do you think of the results? Do you recommend surgery or chemotherapy for a 71 year old?

#

• The prostate biopsy report is suggestive of high grade prostate adenocarcinoma.
  • So, the recommended treatment would be either a laparoscopic radical prostatectomy or radiotherapy in the form of IMRT (intensity-modulated radiation therapy).
  • No role for chemotherapy as a primary treatment. You should get a bone scan done to rule out pelvic metastases.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|