Q. I have prostate cancer and was suggested prostate removal. Kindly guide on surgery.

Dr. Zubayeralam

I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer and recommend prostate removal. But it is difficult to get the surgeon to do the operation. I am worried. Do you think I should look for a different outfit to do the surgery?

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from prostate problems.

According to your prostate biopsy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have prostatic adenocarcinoma. Cancer that is confined to the prostate gland is generally curable. But the prognosis is not good. If it has spread locally or to other parts of the body, it will be very difficult to cure.

Depending on the case, treatment may vary, such as surgery, radiation therapy, cryotherapy, hormone therapy, and chemotherapy for prostatic carcinoma.

Prostatic adenocarcinoma with a Gleason score of 8-10 indicates poorly differentiated or high-grade tumors. Cancer with a Gleason score of 8-10 is likely to spread quickly. Your doctor is the best judge to choose the best treatment option for you. You can consult with your surgeon and ask him whatever you want to know.

He has scheduled my prostate removal surgery after two months. Do you think I should try to find another surgeon to remove sooner?

#

Yes, I think so. You should try to find another surgeon to remove the prostate sooner. The sooner, the better. Cancer with a Gleason score of 8-10 is likely to spread quickly. So, it may turn into a score of 9 or 10 within the end of two months.

As the score increases, the prognosis will worsen, and the possibility of spread to other organs will also be raised.

|