Common "Prostate And Testicular Health" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Prostate And Testicular Health

Prostate and testicular health refer to a condition of total mental, bodily, and social well-being, not just the absence of disease or infirmity concerning the prostate and testes. Eating a well-balanced diet, exercising three times per week, and having frequent checkups can help maintain prostate and testicular health. It also includes the early detection and prompt treatment of conditions that affect prostate and testicular health.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am 19 years old, and I have a lump in my left testicle that is hard in a small area. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old and my height is 5.7 feet. I am suffering from a lump in my left testicle. I mean the bottom of my left testicle is hard in a small part. So please advise me on what I can do. Which doctor treats this problem sexologist or a urologist?  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi,Welcome to have gone through your query. I would like to know a little more about your problem to get a better idea of it. Did you sustain any injury recently to the scrotal area? Is there any pain in the scrotum or testis? Do you feel any dragging sensation, like something pulling ...  Read Full »

I am taking antibiotics for a prostate gland infection. How long will it take for symptoms to go away?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with prostate gland infection. I have had the urge to urinate a lot. No burning and no discharge at all. Just the desire to pee. I took two STD panels and three urine tests. They all came back negative. Yet, my doctor said she saw a few white cells when she checked my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. From your complaints, it appears that you have an infection in your prostate gland. It is normal in such cases to have a negative urine culture with only a few white blood cells. These infections are, unfortunately, per...  Read Full »

I have had pain in my testis for the past seven months, especially while bending and after a bath. Why so?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had pain in my testis for the past seven months. My doctor prescribed me medications that helped me. But sometimes I feel uncomfortable especially after taking a bath and while bending. I have undergone an ultrasound scan, and everything was normal. What should I do now? Kindly ...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. I understand your concern. Testicular pain can be due to testis, stone, torsion infection, or rarely prostate swelling. Since all reports were normal, prostate swelling is one possibility. You have to wear proper scrotal support. The symptom...  Read Full »

My 50-year-old dad has a prostate swelling stage 2. Will taking Jalyn as a treatment for it cause prostate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,My 50 years old dad has prostate swelling stage 2. He took medicine Jalyn for a year after which it became stage 1. What can he do apart from medicine to keep his prostate swelling under control? Is this due to stress, sex abstinence, or masturbation? What exactly could cause this? I have ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Hyperplasia of the prostate or prostatomegaly is a natural phenomenon caused by variation in testosterone. Jalyn (Dutasteride and Tamsulosin) does not cause prostatic cancer and is the lifelong treatment of choice for prostatomegaly. Hope his serum prostate-specific-...  Read Full »

What should I do for my erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor, I had erectile dysfunction and consulted a urologist. He suggested doing an MRI. Kindly review my report and explain what should be done. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Everything is normal and good in your reports. There is nothing to worry about. Generally, every patient above 50 years is suggested to have PSA (prostate-specific ant...  Read Full »

What to eat for good prostate and testicular health and how to prevent cancer in these areas?

Query: Hi doctor, I need few clarifications on how to protect the testicle and the right foods to eat for good testicle as well as for prostate and scrotum health. Also, provide how one can I prevent cancer in these areas like prostate, testicle, and scrotum.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Diet or things to avoid, excess of anything (broadly saying), too much oily or spicy food, avoid smoking, and you can have alcohol occasionally, avoid too much porn or too much masturbation, and avoid fast foods, chocolate, cold drinks, etc. Things to eat more; in general...  Read Full »

Will the testosterone supplements help in making my testicles round and strong?

Query: Hi doctor,A few months back, I had an accident due to which my both testicles are sagging and loose. I request you suggest safe and best testosterone injection or capsules, which will make both my testicles round and strong like normal people. Will the testosterone injection or capsules affect my na...  Read Full »

Dr. Thiyagarajan. T

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Did you hurt your head also in the accident? Did you check LH (luteinizing hormone) and FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) along with testosterone? If not, repeat testosterone with LH and FSH. How are your libido and erections? Testosterone injection or capsule will shr...  Read Full »

My right testicle moves up towards the groin after masturbating. What could be the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26-year-old male, unmarried. I want to ask a question regarding testicles. A couple of days back, I noticed my right testicle is rising a bit closer to the groin when I masturbate and ejaculate, but it comes back to the scrotum after a few seconds. I do not feel any pain. But I wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha Raghunath Auradkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. The movement is not considered abnormal as one testicle is smaller than the other usually. You feel the testicle moving up into the groin and then coming back to normal after some time. It can be a hernia, and to confirm that, you shou...  Read Full »

I am on antitubercular drugs Akurit 4. Can I take Silymarin syrup for liver protection?

Query: Hello doctor. I am 31 years old. Recently I have been diagnosed with tubercular lymphadenitis and I have been taking the anti-tubercular medicine Akurit 4 for one week. I have done Hb electrophoresis by HPLC method test where along with other values HbA1c % was shown 4.8 %. Is it the same HbA1c that...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. 1. It is the same which is used in diabetics and it is normal. In the attached report, (the report has been removed to maintain the privacy of the patient) HbA2 is elevated and it is an indicator of beta thalassemia carrier. 2. There are no c...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.