Q. Please suggest ways to maintain good prostate and testicular health and to prevent cancer.

Dr. Ankush Jairath
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 27, 2021

I need few clarifications on how to protect the testicle and the right foods to eat for good testicle as well as for prostate and scrotum health. Also, provide how one can I prevent cancer in these areas like prostate, testicle, and scrotum.

#

Diet or things to avoid:

• Excess of anything (broadly saying).
  • Too much oily or spicy food.
  • Avoid smoking, and you can have alcohol occasionally.
  • Avoid too much porn or too much masturbation.
  • Avoid fast foods, chocolate, cold drinks, etc.

Things to eat more:

• In general, eat a balanced diet.
  • Veg plus nonveg (if you want).
  • You should have green leafy vegetables and citrus fluids more in your diet, which increases the quality of your sperms and libido, giving you a healthy sexual life.

Suppose I come specifically for the avoidance of prostate cancer, then in nonveg fish (salmon, sardines) as these contain omega 3 fatty acids, berries (strawberry, blueberries, raspberry, blackberry) as they contain antioxidants. In that case, green tea again includes antioxidants, and broccoli contains phytochemicals, tomatoes contain lycopene which is also a good antioxidant.

For scrotum health, as it is a skin covering over the testicles, you have to do things like you do to take care of your skin anywhere else, like keeping proper hygiene, proper cleaning with soap and water every day, and avoiding unprotected sex with an unknown partner, etc.

I tried to answer your questions as far as possible.

Thanks.

Feel free to ask anything else you have any query related to sex education or related to keeping your kidneys and bladder healthy.

|