Q. I have eczema-like blisters in hands with dry and flaky skin. Please help.

I am 45 years old. I have developed eczema-like symptoms on the hands, especially. I take Levocet M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) daily to control itching in my hands and foot. Itching of hands develops blisters, which, when gets cured, leaves behind hard, flaky, and leathery skin. Hard skin leaves cracks when it flakes-off. I am suffering from this for the last four to five years, and now it has been aggravated. Please advise.

#

Please send a few good quality photographs taken in natural light.

I have attached the photos.

#

I have seen the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are suffering from palmar psoriasis. Consider taking Cyclosporine 100 mg twice daily and Tenovate cream.

I have been taking Cyclosporine 100 mg twice a month and apply Tenovate. There is a 70% improvement. Skin is still leathery at some places on my hand. Shall I taper down the dosage and stop.

Cyclosporine is an immunosuppressant drug. How safe is it? How long should I take it? Perhaps it affects renal function? Please advise on the next course of treatment. I have attached the picture of my hand.

#

Go for a renal function test. You are supposed to take it for at least three months and then to taper it down. It is a very safe immunosuppressive medication as compared to others. The thing we have to monitor is serum creatinine level, and if it is WNL you can keep taking it.

I am also taking Levocet M along with Cyclosporine for itching. Levocet M is fine for me. I will get the serum creatinine levels checked and will let you know if the levels are not normal.

#

Share your serum creatinine report. Keep in touch for further doubts.

|