Q. Will Risperidone and Asprito affect my fetus during pregnancy?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

I had two episodes of psychosis in the past two years. I started treatment with Risperidone and later started Asprito 5 mg. I am getting married after two months. I want to know that if I start a family, will this treatment affect my baby's health as only limited medicines are allowed during pregnancy?

#

As you are receiving only 5 mg Asprito (Aripiprazole), which is a very low dose, it is better if you stop the medication at least in the first trimester (first 3 months of pregnancy). Then, you can take medicine safely during remaining pregnancy (last 6 months). But, if not possible to stop the medication, then, take tablet Haloperidol which is safer than Asprito during pregnancy.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|