Psyllium

Why do I vomit if I drink too much liquid on an empty stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, Nearly two years ago, I got a bad cold and vomited badly. It continued for days leading me unable to hold down any foods or liquids until I checked into the hospital and given IVs, which made me better. However, since then, I am more prone to getting close to vomiting if I drink too much...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The infection you are suffering from is called gastroenteritis or stomach flu. In gastroenteritis, the mucosa of the intestine is severely inflamed causing symptoms like loose stools, indigestion, and vomiting. The tests suggested are as follows: Ultrasound abdomen to ...  Read Full »

Why there is recurrence in piles even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 50 years old and had piles for six years. It turned severe, with heavy bleeding and pain. We did surgery to cure it. Now two months completed still, she is having the piles problem with bleeding and pain whenever she uses her restroom and also has pain on urination. Please ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For piles, the first and most important thing is to avoid constipation and spicy meal. Take a high fiber diet. Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters per day. Take Isabgol (psyllium) powder three tablespoons with milk twice a day. Take Dobesil (Calcium Dobisi...  Read Full »

Does Metamucil cause rubbery stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. My only diagnosed health issues are mild hypertension and acid reflux. I take medicines for both. Over the past three months, I had been experiencing a change in bowel habits. It starts with normal stool, then a bout of constipation or hard stool and then loose ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankur Jindal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a standard description of functional bowel syndrome, probably IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). But, there is no alarming symptoms are present like weight loss, lump or blood in stools. Parasites will not cause these symptoms. Continue taking psyllium husk as required...  Read Full »

My constipation problem got worsened after undergoing cervical spine surgery. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from severe constipation for the past three years. I have undergone cervical spine surgery before two years back. Post surgery constipation problem still got worsened. Presently, I am taking Baclofen 5 mg three times a day for the spasticity in legs. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ana Karen Pulido

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first option for treating constipation is starting with Sennosides tablets. Take two tablets every night. If there is no improvement in two days, you can take two tablets for every 12 hours. This medication can be taken for now and on. Sometimes you may need more fi...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for anal fissure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling severe pain when I pass stool. Also, have a couple of blood veins flowing out in the anus. I visited a hospital, the doctor said I had cut which is called fissure. Should I go for surgery? But I do not want to. Is there any way that with medication or any other way it can...  Read Full »

Dr. Suraj Kumar Choudhary Konka

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints. Looks like you have a fissure in the anus. You need to understand one thing. It is not going to heal unless you stop straining while passing stools. As it is a wound at the passage it causes your anal sphincter to go into contract...  Read Full »

Please suggest an ointment for anal pain and bleeding.

Query: Hi doctor, I had anal bleeding and pain for a year. My doctor said that it is just because of a small crack at rectal opening and there is nothing to worry. He has given a cream for anal fissure and one tonic for stool smoother to reduce pain while going to the bathroom. It cured me completely in tw...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As like any other cuts on your skin, anal fissure does heal by itself within weeks. Though, help is often required due to pain and bleeding. The first important rule for management is to treat constipation with stool bulk forming agents or laxatives like syrup Duphalac ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from digestive problems since years with no relief. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from digestive problems since 15 years. I take Pantin L capsule everyday. But, no relief. I am very nervous. I took treatment with many doctors, but no relief.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having digestion problems since many years. For that, first rule out hypothyroidism by serum TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) estimation. USG abdomen scan is advisable to rule out any organic cause if present. You can include more fiber in the diet. Take gr...  Read Full »

I am straining to pass my feces and gas. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20-year-old male with a suspected fecal impaction or bowel obstruction. It feels like there is a poop or something in my rectum. I can barely pass gas, I have slight abdominal pain, and have liquid stools and diarrhea. I have had a dingleberry that has been stuck to the...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and can understand how worried you are regarding constipation issues. As it is a longstanding issue, some time is needed for it to get resolved. It has been less than a week or so that you started the medications which your physic...  Read Full »

I had itching and drops of blood in the anal area. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old male. A day or two ago after a bowel movement, I felt an itch in the anal area. I tried to get at it with a tissue but, it got worse and I could see small pellets of blood on the wipe. I am not on any medications.  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood streaks on the wipe after an episode of itching could be due to an anal fissure. Bleeding per rectum in an otherwise healthy young male could be due to hemorrhoids or anal fissure. A fissure is a tear in the anal canal due to constipation or repeated friction. It...  Read Full »

Can recurrent UTI be caused by holding urine in for long?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I did a urine test today, there is no UTI or any infection, but the RBC count was 0 to 1. I did a test six weeks back, which showed the RBC count to be 4 to 6. I still feel there is a block to the urine flow, and I have to go every 15 minutes or every one hou...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have very frequent urination and poor flow with recurrent UTI (urinary tract infection). I would like to know the following. Do you have constipation or numbness of the sole? How frequently do you get up at night? Has any catheter been put ...  Read Full »