Q. How can a person with PTSD, depression and anxiety be treated?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

What is your recommendation for someone with PTSD, depression, and anxiety?

#

If a person is suffering from PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder), depression and anxiety, they will probably need a combination of medication and psychological therapy to manage their condition. Lexapro (Escitalopram) is a good antidepressant that can be helpful in this situation. Based on more clinical information and formulation, psychological therapy can be considered.

CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) will be helpful in addressing depression and anxiety. If PTSD is the predominant primary condition, trauma-focused CBT or EMDR can be considered. Kindly discuss with your doctor locally. Also ensure, you follow the necessary self-help measures like healthy eating, adequate sleep, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol, etc. You can contact again if any further advice is needed.

|