Q. Is there any way to cure PTSD and bipolar disorder?

I have PTSD and bipolar disorder type 11 and it is getting harder for me to function daily. I have already seen my health care provider. For this, she gave me a prescription and I still have the manic episodes.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I would like to inform you that most of the psychiatric medications take too long to show effects on individuals. Since you were prescribed Risperidone just a week back, there is no need to wait for more time. Most patients with Risperidone show an effect after 3 to 6 weeks in general. In addition, the prescribed dose of Risperidone is just 0.5 mg which is the lowest possible dose.

In case the effect is not evident by 2 to 3 weeks, the dose should be increased to a higher level (1 mg or higher). Most of my patients need 1 to 4 mg Risperidone and only small fraction responds to low dose such as 0.5 mg. I mean to say that both the time and dose of medications may need change to show the effect of prescribed medications.

|