Q. My height and breast size remains the same even after attaining puberty. Will I continue to grow?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Will I continue to grow? I started puberty 2-3 years ago. I had slight development such as height growth, breast growth, etc. Now, I noticed that I have no changes anymore. I feel like my height is still the same, my breast size is still the same, I have no hair on my armpits yet but I do have little on my pubic area. I am worried that I might have delayed puberty because every time I search my concern, delayed puberty shows up.

I don't think I have chronic illness or hormonal issues either. It's been a year since it's like this. My peers are slowly catching up to me even though I started puberty earlier. My period cycle is still the same but I do get painful cramps. Will I continue to grow or is it just I'm done with puberty? I don't think so since my mom has a genetic of having large breasts at my age. I am also curious whether I acquired the "recessive gene". Please help me, give me relevant answers.

#

Hi there

Welcome to icliniq

Thank you for writing and I understand your concern.

Ma’am please don’t worry about anything actually puberty is seen upto age 14 or 15 so don’t worry there will be more growth in upcoming years. And other growth such as height and breast and all are develops till 18-20 so nothing to worry. You just have to wait and observe if you don’t achieve puberty even at 15 then simply do hormone test to check what’s going on. Sometimes it can be due to oestrogen or progesterone deficiency so have to look for that. If anything else please let me know. Thank you

|