Q. Why has not my height increased in the last five years?

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Height Growth or Height Increase? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hi doctor,

I am an 18 year old male. I have a question concerning my height. I grew from 5 feet and 2 inches to 5 feet and 9 inches between 11 to 13 years. I did not have any noticeable growth since then. Usually, you would consider me as an early bloomer, but I had not shown signs of puberty until I was 12 to 13 years old, which would make me an average to late bloomer. My legs are very long (34.5 inches inseam) and my torso is reasonably shorter. My question is, why did not I grow in these last five years by height? My family members are with the following height: mother 5 feet and 85 inches, father 5 feet and 10 inches, grandfather 6 feet and 1 inch, and my uncle 6 feet and 2 inches.