Q. Is it normal to have numbness and toothache after pulpectomy?

Answered by Dr. Shwetha Hegde and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan

Do you have a question on Pulpectomy or Toothache? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had pulpectomy on a lower left tooth two days ago. I am still in pain and the outside of my chin and lower lip is still numb. The dentist told me I would not be in any pain after the procedure, but it is still hurting. I had Ibuprofen 200 mg four times a day. Is this normal to have numbness and to have pain in the tooth?