Fluid or pus-filled small bumps on the skin are called pustules. Pustules are commonly seen during acne. The other causes are an allergic reaction, insect bites, and environmental irritants.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to treat underarm pimples?

Query: Hello doctor, From the past 2 to 3 years, I frequently get pus-filled pimples. I consulted two different doctors, who told it is probably a gland infection. They suggested medicines for months. When I take the medicines, I do not get any pimples, but they come back as soon as I stop taking them. Fro...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Folliculitis or acne is basically bacterial infection affecting the sebaceous glands. Please send good quality images and revert. What medications were prescribed in the past? I suggest you try applying T-Bact cream (Mupirocin) twice daily. Revert with more information to...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for pus-filled boil under the lips?

Query: Hi doctor, I was having a small boil under my lower lip edge and I pressed it and opened the pus. My lower lip is fully swollen with yellowish and there is a small cut while pressing for pus. This is very painful now.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement, you have a boil under your lower lip edge and your lip is swollen after pressing it. It is painful too. Boil is a skin infection caused by Staph.aureus and its aggravating factors are DM (diabetes mellitus), immune-compromised, anxiety, et...  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent pus-filled blisters on arms?

Query: Hello doctor, I seem to get lesions or blisters maybe on my arms. They are usually round with one pus-filled bump and at times it could be many small ones. They rarely itch, burn or anything. They crust over and peel and leave dark acne-like marks on my arms it is so annoying because I am embarrass...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photo you sent. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you say there is pus formation and you are getting it recurrently almost every month. I like to know a few things before finalizing my diagnosis and treatment. Is there any pain? If pus di...  Read Full »

What causes frequent hard and painful bumps in the breast?

Query: Hi doctor, I keep getting these bumps on my breast that turn red, then get hard and very painful. After a few days they burst and drain yellowish fluid mixed with blood. Then I am left with a big hole that will heal and scar. I have had this happen a few times over the years. But, recently it has be...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are experiencing follicular bacterial infections called folliculitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are common in areas of high moisture content, especially in the armpit region and under the breast or seen in women wearing linen or non-cot...  Read Full »

What is the white yellowish painful spot in my vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a white yellowish spot in my vagina that is pretty painful and has been there for three days. I am sexually active, but have been with the same partner for three months and am only recently experiencing these symptoms. I am also tender on both sides of my pelvis but that could ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to ask a few questions if you want to answer those. Is it painful? Any discharge from this point? Any bleeding? Is there any history of injury over there? Any fever? Or anything similar anywhere else over the body? As it more likely seems to me as somet...  Read Full »

Treatment for Canker Sores with Pus

Query: Hello doctor, I have a couple of canker sores and two are on my lip and has pus in them and two on the bottom. Can you tell me what to do with them?  Read Full »

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir


Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query and I can understand your concern. Canker sores are a characteristic feature of syphilis. This syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease. Purulent pustules are generally seen which burst to form canker sores. You should get yourself t...  Read Full »

A yellow lesion appeared on the tonsil and capillaries have widened. What is this?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a cold starting with a sore throat, followed by nasal congestion and post nasal drip/coughing. In the past few days, a yellow lesion appeared on my left tonsil. I have attached a picture. As you can see, capillaries have widened on this tonsil and it appears red. What is this?  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan N

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is acute inflammation of your pharynx. That is the reason for widened capillaries. The yellow spot could be pus pointing or a tonsil stone. You need a course of antibiotics, decongestant...  Read Full »

Why do pus-filled lumps in underarm get bigger on eating red grams?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from Hidradenitis supperativa (skin disease) for many years and taking antibiotics and Isotretinoin, but the issue is it is keeping on returning. Off lately, I discovered that the lump in my underarms gets exaggerated when I eat dal especially split red gram. I got my b...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from furunculosis that means the infection of hair follicles. I hope your CBC (complete blood count) and blood sugar are normal. I would suggest take tablet Linezolid 600 mg morning and evening for five days and let me know after five days. For mor...  Read Full »

I have a pus pimple at the area of flap surgery. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I had a root canal treatment done on the lower left side second molar about four to five years back by an endodontist. Two years after the treatment, the ceramic crown came off and was replaced by a metallic crown. Recently, I had a pus pimple under that t...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The infection is due to the improperly done root canal of the mesial root of that tooth. Flap surgery was done needlessly. The treatments possible are: Frequently, what the dentist would do after such a problem is to extract that tooth. Go to an Endodontist and reques...  Read Full »

I have a pus draining pimple on the inner part of the hip. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, A few months back, I have developed a sort of a pimple on the inner part of the hip, which later drained and got healed. But later it again opened up with draining pus. And for the last few weeks, it has not healed automatically. I have started taking Augmentin duo 625 from the last thre...  Read Full »

Dr. Theadore A Hufford

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an abscess cavity that needs to be drained more widely and opened more. If it is not opened widely, then the skin will continue to close before the infection is gone, which will continue the cycle. You can try sitz baths while it is openly draining now and try...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.